Tales From Janus Valley
The Room of Pools
Drink it In
From the notes of Kyle Rosering
- It looks all pretty and green and stuff, but you drink it and you fall asleep.
- This one’s just water.
- It’s all shiny like a mirror. When you touch it, you wind up in the pool, even if the bit you touched was spilled on the floor. It’s like a portal.
- It’s green and slimy. The adventurers told us that it came to life and attacked them, so we’re leaving it alone.
- Kind of yellowish, but it’ll dissolve anything you put into it. Doyle lost a finger touching it.
- Elvish wine! We’re going to test this one tonight and come back in the morning.
- Think and oily. Cobb drank some and has been sick for hours. It’s hilarious.
- This water makes fish, for some reason. Even if you just take the water, fish start showing up.
- It’s super cold ice. It’s really hard to get near it.
- Slow water. Anything that gets splashed with it moves really slow for a while.
- Really sparkly water. When you drink from it, you start seeing all these crazy auras and stuff. It’s really far out.
- This water makes a force field around itself and hits like a brick when it splashes something.
- This one just seems like water, but the adventurers said it enchanted a robe for them. I think they’re having us on.
- It’s like there’s liquid fire in this pool! That doesn’t make sense!
- Pretty cloudy, but if you drink from it, you remember something that you’ve forgotten. I remembered where I left my hatchet!
- It smells kind of spicy, but if you drink some, you go nuts! Karl and Doyle got into a big fight.
- The adventurers told us about this one. It heals you if you’re hurt. Doyle even grew his finger back.